7 Aug 2016

After collecting my degree scroll last Monday, it now feels like I've really officially graduated. And last Monday was probably my last time stepping foot into NUS. It felt a little out of place to be back in NUS though maybe cos I've not been attending school in my final semester. Right now, it also does feel a little strange that I'm not preparing for a new semester and not gonna be attending classes this week. Graduation marks the end of almost 20 years of education, but it also marks the start to a new stage of my life. So far, I've been using quite a bit of my econometrics knowledge at work and I'm appreciative of that. Nonetheless, I still don't deny that it is not easy to look for a job that allows us to apply wholly what we've learnt in school (referring specifically to my major). Well, maybe you might be able to if you go to places involving actual economics research perhaps like MTI ES (one of the organizations which always comes down to give us talks). But man, I feel thankful that my job exposes me to quite a lot of areas that I've never come across in school. Very often, I have to read papers and it almost feels like self-enrichment rather than work itself. Unfortunately, I think many see their job as just something to get through perhaps bcos of the scope of work too. Anyway, I guess to end off well, I'll put up my final module review as well as a separate post on my thesis soon, both of which are quite overdue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment